Thursday 30 June 2016

Scarecrows and Showers

A mixed week of weather. There has been some heavy rainfalls which is just what the gardens needed so I have been gardening in between the showers.
The fruit and vegetables are all growing well and I have just netted the blackcurrant and gooseberry bushes as the birds were taking a fancy to the fruit.

The cardoon looks dramatic.
Al this growth this season

This rose is growing against the barn wall.
Ladened with booms

We had a trip to Kirkby Lonsdale a very pretty town.
The Royal Hotel.
I love the Romeo Romeo where art thou

Interesting architecture.
What time is it?
A lone fox caught my eye.
The Snooty Fox pub

I love the jelly man in the baker's window.
Oh dear I'm baking in here

What a wonderful name for a road.
A lady used to make hot salted mutton pies for the cattle traders

We had a walk along the river. 
Interesting rock strata

Can you see the fish's head within this gatepost.
Look at the lichen

The farmers are shearing their sheep.
Keeping cool

The scarecrows have been to a health farm and travelled back to the Artful Garden in my car. Most of them left their hats behind so had to travel bareheaded.
"I need the front seat for my sombrero" 

"Stop pushing"

Football hooligan

Bobby Barley.
It's nice to be back in the orchard

Boozy Floosie.
Does anyone have any blackcurrant wine?
Crazy Maisie.
Feeling fabulous
Looby Loo.
Raa raa 

Charlie Barley is still looking for a new pair of overalls so he did not want to appear in the photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment