Friday 7 April 2017

Dig, Dig, Dig

Spring is definitely here. In many of the local fields are baby lambs. It is lovely to see them gamble and bounce around. The hedges are coming into leaf as are the trees and we have cut our lawn for the first time this year. The birds are singing from dawn to dusk and there is a woodpecker tapping away that I can hear when I am on my allotment. I have been going on local walks with Candy my border collie.

I have spent a large part of the week on my allotment. I have been extending my beds. The ground is very wet so it has been heavy digging. I am preparing the beds to plant my potatoes.
I find digging very rewarding and good exercise

Wheelbarrows of daffodils add colour to my allotment.
Golden trumpets

Beautiful lilies  on a neighbour's allotment.
Very exotic

Tree blossom.
This blossom is very delicate

Plum blossom in the Artful Garden is at its best.
A froth of white

Growth in the birch trees.
They look like giant pom poms

Daffodils and forget me nots in the Artful Garden.
Forget me nots are one of my favourite spring flowers

I have picked my first rhubarb this week. I put lots of muck on the plants so they are growing well.
Very tasty

I am busy preparing my Easter display. A French hen.
Poule savage




No comments:

Post a Comment