Friday 21 April 2017

Kielder Forest

I have been busy on my allotment extending my vegetable beds and planting my second early potatoes and onions. I have taken down the fence around my allotment so it now looks much bigger. On my walks with Candy along the river Eden I have seen a kingfisher and my first swallows. Spring is now here.

I had a trip to Kielder Forest. A view up and down the reservoir.
Tranquil
Looking up the lake

An alpine strawberry.
The tiny strawberries taste delicious

A moss carpet under trees.
An elfin wood

Frogspawn is in a clump, toad spawn is in a line.
Next stage tadpoles

Spring primroses.
Delicate shades

Look at this lichen it resembles paper.
Torn effect edges

Can you see the witch in the wood?
Hocus pocus

Can you see the crocodile?
Never smile at a crocodile

Tree flowers.
Delicate

The chestnut trees are just coming into leaf.
The chestnut candles are forming

Cherry blossom.
A froth of white

A sock bunny made for my granddaughter.
Hop
Do you like my fluffy tail?

No comments:

Post a Comment