Friday 31 March 2017

Sunny Spring

A week of contrasts. At the start of the week it was very warm and I got sun burnt when I was on my allotment on Tuesday. I have been doing a lot of gardening this week planting seeds both flowers and vegetables in my greenhouse.
Just a few seeds are beginning to show

I have started to extend my allotment beds. We have just acquired a border collie and she is occupying a lot of our time. She is very timid but I manged to coax her onto the allotment on Tuesday. Once she settled in she was happy.
Candy looking pensive

So many spring flowers are in full bloom. Daffodils come in many different varieties and sizes.
Daffodils on West Walls in Carlisle
Daffodils in the Artful Garden

I love the flowering red currant it has its own unique perfume.
It smells slightly of blackcurrants

The grape hyacinths in my front garden.
Tiny darts of blue

I have several large hyacinths that have a strong perfume.
They flower for a long time

The drumstick primulas stand up straight.
Drum roll

My sprout plants on the allotment have blown.
Ready to be thrown away

The rhubarb will soon be ready to harvest.
It will soon be ready to harvest

I am still restoring my art work. The chicken and the cat.
Cock a doodle doo, miao

My Rock Chicks.
Chick, chick, chick, chicken

I love this symbol on the ladies door at Shap Memorial Hall.
A ghostly image
Look at the unique gifts I make on my Etsy site.
magscreatesandmakes

No comments:

Post a Comment