Friday 2 December 2016

Snow and Sun

I had a wonderful walk around Ennerdale last weekend. The ground was frozen and the lake looked superb.
Looking towards the lake
Snow capped hills

Frost on the dried flower heads adds a new beauty.
Frozen in time

Look at the detail of the moss and lichen.
Moss, heather and bracken

Fungus are still surviving in the cold weather.
Black and nibbled

Can you see the elephant in this lichen?
An elephant came marching

This sunset was one of the best I have seen.
Vibrant
Glowing

A trip to Alston yesterday revealed the beauty of the Eden Valley.
Looking towards the Lakeland hills


Look at the field patterns

The heavy snow of last week still lingers on Hartside summit.
Heavy drifts of snow
Dimpled snow

I saw this elk in a shop in Alston.
Elk,elk
A Polish puppet theatre.
Wesołych Świąt

Looking across to Cross Fell.
The snow lingers

The leaves have fallen off the apple tree. The few remaining apples look like tree baubles.
Just hanging

I have been busy making my Christmas cakes.
Not long to go now

These are two new designs I have added to my Etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/magscreatesandmakes?ref=hdr_shop_menu


This is a card and also a tree decoration
This is a card  and also a tree decoration

 I have also redesigned my shop logo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment