Thursday 27 November 2014

Spectacular Sunrise

I had a trip to Leeds last Saturday. This model was in Harvey Nicks window.
A fashion statement

Would you like to buy a handbag from Louis Vuitton?
Designer handbag 

The willow pheasant I made is now perched on the wooden seat near the scarecrows.
 A pleasant pheasant

We have pruned the fruit trees as several branches had broken due to the weight of the fruit. I have been clearing the soil at the base of the trees and have planted some snowdrop bulbs.
The Victoria plum tree

I have filled my plant containers with bulbs. To protect them against being eaten by mice I have put 'hairnets' on top of the plant pots. I will remove these when the bulbs start to shoot. I recycled an old torn garden net for the hairnet.
 Rabbits net allowed

The borders are now clear of the summer bedding plants and I have planted some late daffodils and tulips. I have a lot of foxgloves that have self seeded. I will transplant these on the outside wall of the garden.
We also trimmed the side of the hedge as it was spreading into the flower border

I am still harvesting kale and leeks. 
A kale crown

Some giant toadstools have appeared in the garden.
Toadus maximus

Recently we have had dark mornings and foggy days with grey skies, but on Tuesday there was a superb sunrise. So spectacular as the sky constantly changed. 
A fantastic richness of colour
The colour gradually spreads across the sky
Look at the cloud patterns
Golden clouds

Next week I am doing a workshop in Kirkoswald primary school making recycled owls. I have been working on the design and I am really looking forward to working with the children and seeing their ideas.
Three little owls to school are we
Terr Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment