Friday 7 November 2014

Autumn's Arrived

Autumn suddenly seems to have arrived as the weather has become a lot colder. The extended summer has meant that many flowers are coming into bloom for a second time.This dainty blue delphinium has escaped the frost.
A beautiful shade of royal blue

White and pink snapdragons are still in bloom.
 A bee amongst the snapdragons

The white daisies that I planted late in the summer have formed lovely clusters of flowers on the edge of the border.
There is a lovely contrast between the white petals and yellow centres 

This pretty yellow jasmine is against the barn wall.
A wall of yellow jewels

I have planted the majority of my bulbs including daffodils, tulips and alliums. With summer lasting for so long this year I was reluctant to clear the summer bedding plants. Last week on a grey day I planted my garlic making sure I have my crop rotation correct for next year. 

On Tuesday on a damp misty morning I traveled to Alston over Hartside. This is the view from halfway up the hill looking back towards the Eden Valley. At the summit was thick fog.
Can you see the mist clinging in the valley and the strange dips in the landscape?
Now is the time for me to start planning my Christmas card designs and I have bought the ingredients for making my Christmas puddings and cakes.

I saw this in a shop.
'Gardeners Learn Through Trowel and Error'






No comments:

Post a Comment