Friday 6 June 2014

Plants a Plenty

I have had a busy week planting up all my bedding plants in both my home and the Artful Garden. They are now almost all planted in either flowerbeds or plant pots.

Trays of bedding plants ready to go
I spent the weekend in the Artful Garden planting out the runner beans and leeks. To make space for the beans I have had to remove my strawberry bed. I gave the plants to a friend for her to enjoy.
Where is Jack?
Leeks in the foreground onions behind
I have planted marigolds next to the broad beans to encourage pollination.


A row of white marigolds
The potatoes I am growing in a grow bag at home are looking very healthy.


I hope the potatoes are as healthy as the foilage
I have taken the net off the peas and made a lattice structure to support them.


The string reminds me of a cats's cradle
The red currant bush had fruit forming.


Green friuit that will ripen when they become red jewels
The gooseberries are starting to ripen.


They will soon be ripe enough to make gooseberry jam
Damsons are beginning to swell but are still very green.


Sunny days will ripen the plums
Farmers were very busy over the weekend making silage whilst the sun shone.


Grass drying in rows in the field before being baled
There are some stunning flowers in bloom. The delphiniums look very majestic.


A lovely powdery blue
Look at the layers of petals that form the flower
Daisies of all sizes are in flower. The simplicity of the daisy structure is so 
delightful.


Wild flowers

Daisies on the railway bank 
I have grown foxgloves from seed but they will not flower until next year. I have some lovely colours in the back flower bed. I have moved the wild pink foxgloves to the wall along the road of the Artful Garden.

Foxgloves in pastel shades
I have had to dig up all the forgetmenots and have now planted the path edge with hostas, nasturtiums and sweet peas.


I am hoping for a colourful display
The richness of this lupin.


Deep purple 
I have also grown aquilega from seed which will flower next year.


Dainty aquilega next to the summerhouse
Bobby Barley has decided to support the world cup. You will see him in the garden waving his England flag. He is gutted that someone has taken his football and he hopes he will get a new one soon.
Love the wig you cool dude
Looby Loo has had a makeover. She has decided to go on a healthy diet so you will see she has fruit in her basket.
Looby Loo looking pensive, maybe it is the idea of her new fruit diet

Look at the bunting
Lotta Bottle was delighted to find that her photo was 'highly commended' in the Kirkoswald village photographic competition. Charley Barely was also featured but he is keeping a low profile.


Lotta says check out my photo in Ravenbridge Stores in Kirkoswald. I can autograph a copy for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment