Thursday 6 June 2013

Boozy Floozy Flounces Back

Great news Boozy Floozy has now come out of rehab. She is almost a changed woman, but not quite.
Boozy Floozy before rehab
She was given a personal trainer on fashion and lifestyle choices and she now appears to be on the straight and narrow. If you look closely you will see that she has had a nose modification due to the alcohol consumed. Her necklace is made of shot glasses and I am hoping these are souvenirs, as there was a faint hint of damson gin as I passed her in the garden.
Post rehab - check out the necklace
Her friends Looby Loo and Crazy Maisie have gone to the Hay Barn Health farm where they will reside for a few weeks. Crazy Maisie is getting advice on diet and fashion and Looby Loo is enjoying the change of scene but misses seeing all her admirers in the Artful Garden. 

The Bottle Babes are very excited. Their American cousin Lotta from Bottleville in the USA will be visiting them soon. She is sure to make a big impact on the Artful Garden as she is very curvaceous and all woman.

I am having to cycle to the Artful Garden as the road is closed, traffic lights are being installed on Lazonby bridge. In the evening there is a gentle perfume from the May (hawthorn) blossom that follows me on my cycle route. There are so many swallows everywhere, they move so fast like little darts in the sky. 
Blossom of the May
Cow parsley has replaced the dandelions on the verges, they bob and sway in the breeze.
Cow kesh on the road to Kirkoswald
A close up of cow kesh
My wild flowers which I planted on the railway bank and in the Artful Garden are just beginning to germinate.
Red campion from last years seed
California poppies so gentle and fragile that seem to grow in any crack in the stonework.
Fragile and delicate California poppies
The last of my tulips, so beautiful when they burst wide open to display their true splendour.
Ruby red tulip
Pretty in purple.
Aquilegia
All the strawberry plants are in flower. I have some in strawberry planters at home and I will soon need to put straw under those growing in the Artful Garden.
The promise of a good harvest
The snow has finally melted on Cross Fell. I have had a very busy week planting hundreds of bedding plants all home grown, in both my home and the Artful Garden. I have covered them with nets and some canes to keep the pigeons away and a good dowsing of organic slug pellets as we can get snails the size of edible snails - ugh.

Here is some more of my pottery.
Pottery tile
Pottery tile
This mother pig has her work cut out but is taking motherhood in a relaxed way.
Pigged out

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post although I have to remind you they are scarecrows not real! I hope this revelation doesn't upset you too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to give some storyline to all the scarecrows as I think it makes it more interesting for all my readers.

      Delete