Friday 21 June 2013

The Return of Crazy Masie and Looby Loo

Sound the flower trumpets the girls have returned from the Hay Barn Health Farm to the Artful Garden. They had heard that there was glorious sunshine in Cumbria so not wishing to miss out on topping up their tans they got back today. There has been a big change in their absence and also in themselves. Looby Loo has decided to dress more modestly whereas Crazy Maisie found a Mexican hat and decided to upcycle it as only she knows how.


Looby Loo and Crazy Maisie
Unfortunately Lotta Bottle will not arrive again until next week. On collecting her handbag from lost property she slipped on a banana skin and broke her arm.

The weather has been red hot. I have taken the nets off the bedding plants which all seem now to have got established.


This is the back border that I was clearing earlier this year
The runner beans are starting their upward journey to the sky and I am making sure they wind themselves around the bean canes.


Beanstalks but no sign of Jack

The lilac tree is now in full bloom.


Purple lilac with such a delicate perfume
This beautiful lupin flowers week after week and is such a gorgeous shade of blue.


Bonny Blue 
This is our first cucumber. We are now getting a steady supply every other day from our 2 cucumber plants.


Yummy

Weeding a border at home I dug up some snowdrop bulbs and also a Emperor Hawk Moth. It stayed immobile on the soil where I transferred it and eventually when I wasn't looking it flew away.


 Emperor Hawk Moth
I have a bullfinch that sits on the same branch of a conifer tree in my neighbour's garden and sings all day. It's song is repeated by another bullfinch which I have not seen.


Bulfinch melody

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful moth I have never seen one of these before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can confirm that I have identified the moth correctly that would be a great help

    ReplyDelete