Saturday 14 April 2018

Horendous Helm

I have been busy tidying up my home garden getting rid of all the dead stalks to make way for new growth. Also getting rid of chickweed, my pet hate. It is now coming into flower. The helm wind has been blowing so it is very cold to garden.

I have manged to get my allotment clear and have dug over the plot where the potatoes are to be planted.
Luckily all the heavy digging last year paid off. I only a few weeds to clear

The rhubarb is starting to grow

 The greenhouse is almost full of flower and vegetable seeds.

The farmers have started to plough their fields.
Straight rows

Spring is definitely on its way. The birds are singing and the leaves are starting to burst on hedges and trees.
Hawthorn leaves

We had a lovely walk from Dale Head next to Martindale Common to Pattterdale.
Snow on the hilltops adds a magical quality

An isolated farm at the end of the road at Dale Head

Natural beauty
 
If you look closely you can see the face of a man lying down 

Truncated valleys

Highland cattle we see on our lunchtime walk.
Moo hoo


No comments:

Post a Comment