Saturday 25 November 2017

Wet, Wet, Wet

We have had so much heavy rain this week that has caused flooding. The river Eden flooded into the surrounding fields and many of the roads on Wednesday were barely passable. I had one day last week on a frosty morning digging over the last part of my allotment. By the time I had finished my boots were 2 inches higher with a layer of sloppy mud.
We have recently bought a touring caravan so have been out exploring.

A fisherman in Pateley Bridge.
Something fishy going on here

Cyclists from Tour De Yorkshire. 
Pedal Power

A walk along the Nidd Gorge.
A carved seat

Look at the pattern of tree roots


Ripon Cathedral.
Majestic

A walk around Wet Sleddale. You can understand how it got its name.
Serious bog

Fungus in various shapes.
Almost the size of a side plate
Frilly petticoat edges

The beautiful patterns of lichen.
Natural beauty
I have been making marmalade.
The kitchen always smells delicious when it is cooking

I am experimenting with embroidered gift tags.
Delicate flowers

The chickens in the Artful Garden have had a makeover.
Big Chicken
The Rock Chicks




No comments:

Post a Comment