Friday 30 June 2017

Wet and Wild

What a difference a week makes. We have had torrential rain and the temperature has dropped dramatically. I have not done much gardening this week instead I have been restoring and creating artwork.

I am continuing to harvest fruit. I am still picking strawberries and have now started to pick gooseberries.
It takes a long time to 'top and tail' but the effort is worth it

The thistles are now in flower.
Thistles come in many shapes and sizes

The roses in the Artful Garden have come into bloom.
Roses and pottery houses

The cardoon is massive.
I'm dooned

The gentle perfume of meadowsweet is in the hedgerows.
You can use meadowsweet in recipes. It is similar to elderflower

The farmers are sheering their sheep.
Herdwick sheep

These dandelion seed heads are wonderful.
Each seed head is like a tiny upturned umbrella

I have been busy making wreaths.
Alchemillia mollis and scabious
Alchemillia mollis and Sweet Williams

I have decoupaged some tin cans.
Cantastic

I bought a potting bench and have decorated it and a set of steps with plants in cans, tins, jelly moulds and plant pots.
With all the rain there is no need to water

Crazy Maisie has returned from the health farm.
Love the hair extensions

Looby Loo loves her new clothes.
Do you like my slippers?

Charlie Barley is feeling cool.
Charlie's added a bit of sparkle

A misty view.
Looking towards Busk

Reflections in the river Eden which we walk along each evening with our dog.
Mirror image

Sand martin nest holes. In the evening the birds dash and dart over the water.
The sandy bank










No comments:

Post a Comment