Saturday 3 June 2017

Toulouse Travels

A week ago we went on holiday to Toulouse. It is a large city with some lovely churches and official buildings. The weather was very hot.
The Convent des Jacobins a wonderful building with superb frescoes.
Check out the tower

A graffiti near the Toulouse Lautrec Museum in Albi.
Madame and Monsieur

An impressive wall mural in Toulouse. 
An industrial scene

A traditional colour to paint buildings is pastel. Pastel is derived from woad. I am growing woad in my garden. If I have time I will dye some fabric.
In the artist village of Carla Bayle

Formal gardens in Albi.
Very precise
An old advert.
Something to crow about

We visited Matres where they have a pottery design unique to the village. There are not many potters left who still practice this style of painting.
The traditional pattern incorporates a lyre bird

Carla Bayle is a small artist village overlooking the Pyrenees. It is very picturesque.
The village was on a hill

A monster greets you outside the Natural History Museum in Toulouse.
Woah

This cactus was over 3.5 metres high and was growing in a 18cm pot!
Tall or what?

Anyone fancy a macaroon?
Choose a colour

On our return the gardens have grown like mad. I have spent all week weeding and planting my bedding plants both annuals and perennials. I have a thrush who stays close to me in the Artful Garden and keeps gathering beakfulls of worms.

The aquilegia in the Artful Garden looks very pretty.
Bonny purples and blues


The foxgloves in many colours are loved by the bumble bees who disappear into the trumpets.
Nectar filled trumpets

Plums are appearing on the Victoria plum tree.
Hopefully a good plum harvest

I made this wreath from Sweet Williams and achimelia mollis.
Sweet Williams are one of my favourite flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment