Friday 19 May 2017

Digging Done

I have finally finished digging over the last section of my allotment. It rained on Tuesday and that made a big difference to making the soil soft and easier to get a spade through. I had a long digging session so that I could plant some lupins as a green manure.

I have planted some parsnip and turnip seed in the Artful Garden. Something has been munching on my brassicas so I am hoping the slug pellets will do the trick. On Sunday we planted the sweetcorn under the propagator. 

Many plants are coming into flower. The hydrangea against the barn wall soaks up the sun.
Dainty white flower clusters

The Montana clematis clambers around the apple tree.
Masses of pink blooms

Pink campion brightens the border next to the lawn.
Pretty in pink

The peonies are now in flower.
They look very regal

A  white bleeding heart.
Dainty white bells

I love the dew as it collects in the archmelia mollis.
Drip, drip, drip

The horse chestnut tree is in flower.
Horse chestnut candles

A view in the High Peak in Derbyshire.
Looking towards Manchester

Cow parsley smothers the verges.
Frothy white

I love this giant pineapple in Manchester Art gallery.
Jan Malone is the potter

The Bottle Babes and Boys have returned to the Artful Garden.
Looking good
Anyone for a snifter?
A close up of my hat


Anyone for bubbles?


Glam or us


No comments:

Post a Comment