Friday 11 November 2016

Cloudy and Cold

The weather has really changed these last two weeks as the temperature has dropped to single figures. I have not done much gardening this week as we have had a lot of rain. 
On Tuesday morning we woke up to snow on the Pennines and also on the Lakeland hills.
Snow on Cross Fell

This fairy circle of mushrooms was in the verge just outside Penrith.
Once upon a time there must have been a tree here

I have dismantled my Halloween display. I always wash the outfits and dry the hats and spiders before I store them to reuse next year. 
The choice is yours

I am drying my ghords in three places, in my allotment shed on racking, hanging in a potato sack in my home shed and on wire mesh in my front garden. It is an experiment to see which is the best method.
If I can get the ghords to dry I will decorate them

The beech hedge at home is developing lovely Autumn hues.
The beech hedge retains its leaves until the new leaves burst

I found a single rose still in bloom today in my home garden.
A delicate pink

I have started to make my Christmas cards. I make them as decorations to hang on the Christmas tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment