Friday 19 August 2016

Sun and Sheds

The weather has been gloriously hot all this week so I decided to paint the allotment shed. I have since then decorated it.

These are two herb wreaths I have made for the shed.
A rosemary base, achillea, tansy, bistort and hyssop


A rosemary base, tansy and hyssop

I am harvesting vegetables and picked 25 sweetcorn some of which we have frozen.

The runner beans are now producing a steady supply as are the french beans and broad beans.

The damson plums are not far from being ripe so are the Victoria plums.

Brassicas in the fields will soon be harvested.
Animal feed

The wild flowers have come into their own. The poppies open and close according to the sunshine.
Poppy power
The comfrey attracts the bees.
Comfrey and chamomile


The pumpkins are getting huge and the warm weather helps them swell. They are suffering from mildew so I have removed a lot of the leaves.
How big will they grow?

In the hedgerows are wild scabiosa.
Scabiosa pincushions

Purple vetch.
Tendrils twisting and twining

I saw these puppets at Upfront Gallery.
Brush head
Dainty ballerina

A view from Hartside looking over towards the Solway.
Deep valleys

This is the latest picture I have made for the Alston Art show.
Housey housey



No comments:

Post a Comment