Friday 27 May 2016

Bonny Bunting

A mixed week of weather. On Tuesday it was red hot and since then there has been a cold north or east wind. I have managed to catch up on all my gardening in the farm garden and most of my home garden. I have masses of plants to plant out this weekend and a lot of work to do on the allotment. Last night we had rain so the hard soil is now easier to dig.
The flower borders are looking colourful.

A pretty hellebore.
A hellebore in the back border 

The peonies are just coming into bloom.
A regal peony

Alliums stand stiff and straight in the flowerbed.
Spiky pom poms

I love forget me nots and they form a border along the paths in the farm garden.
A sea of blue

The laburnum is looking lovely with its trailing blossoms.
Floral bunches

This aquilegia is very unusual.
Dainty flowers

Rowan blossom is now in bloom.
Pin cushions of white

Comfrey is just coming into flower.
Comfrey amongst the raspberries

The blackcurrants are beginning to form.
Green blackcurrants

Can you see the spider's web in the plum tree?
Incy wincy spiders

I have knitted some bunting for the summerhouse.
Phase one of the bunting

No comments:

Post a Comment