Friday 15 April 2016

Spring has Sprung

Another week of mixed weather. Warm then wet days and one night when the Helm wind was so strong you could hear it roar.

I have been busy getting all my flowerbeds cleared at home and in the Artful Garden and I am almost there, just the vegetable patch to weed. I still have a lot of work to do on the allotment but I have been prioritising my gardens. I had a battle clearing under the hawthorn and blackthorn hedge. The spines are lethal, so very sharp and I had to crawl under the hedge.

I have planted a lot of seeds, vegetable, herbs and flowers so the greenhouse is getting full. I am trying some new things this year one of which is sweetcorn.
A variety of seed trays

Spring is definitely here. The cherry trees are in blossom. 
Blousy blossoms

The leaves are opening on the hawthorn hedges. The cows have returned to the fields after being indoors all winter.
Delicate green

The daffodils are still at their peak.
White daffodils, houses and heads
Yellow daffodils and bumble bees
Bonny bellis.
Bellis buttons

Here are a few of my pottery designs.
A robin
A birdhouse

My trip up Hartside the other day was stunning. The mist floated in the valley and and you could just see the Lakeland hills peeping out though the haze.
A dramatic and atmospheric sky 
The Lakeland hills just visible
Swirling, floating and lifting

No comments:

Post a Comment