Friday 20 November 2015

Wet and Wild

Apart from Monday we have had severe and continuous rain.This has caused serious flooding locally and beyond.
Eden a powerful river

Lazonby bridge battles against the flow.
As the water level rises the arches of the bridge disappear

The swollen river has burst it banks.
Almost ready to flood

Some fields are flooded.
Water, water everywhere

On Monday I spent the day on my new allotment. You will be able to see from the pictures that there is plenty to keep me occupied.
To dig, dig, dig

A lot of the plot is flooded as there has been carpet liner and underlay laid down and the grass and weeds have grown thorough it. 
I have brought two chairs for relaxation!
Nasturtiums still in bloom in November

I have planted up two old wheelbarrows. 
Two wheelbarrows planted with daffodils

I have started to clear one section.
One small step


I have a lovely shed which I had to clear.
Lots to explore


I found the remains of a bird's next.
A bird's nest in the rafters

I really enjoy being out in the fresh air and close to nature.
The compost bin

My side border.
An apple tree

A squawk of crows suddenly appeared in the sky.
Crows dipping and diving

On Sunday I made candid peel for my cakes and puddings.
Orange and lemon peel

On Tuesday I made my Christmas cakes and puddings. I has all the kitchen windows open to get rid of the steam as you have to steam the large pudding for 6 hours.

A homemade Christmas cake.
Straight from the oven

A homemade Christmas pudding.
Scrumptious

Two lovely old tins with illustrations from a time gone by.
An old biscuit tin
Spacemen. I wonder if modern astronauts would recognise them

No comments:

Post a Comment