Friday 26 June 2015

Fabulous Foxgloves

I have been busy trying to keep on top of all my gardens. I have now almost finished planting out my bedding plants. I have lost nearly all my sunflowers due to the cold weather and rabbit damage. Many of the plants in the herbaceous border are looking at their best.

White foxgloves.
Pure white trumpets
Pale pink foxgloves.
Look how the colour deepens after each section of the flower head opens

Wild foxgloves.
Spotted throats

White campion currently dominates the wild flower border.
Dainty stars

Jacobs Ladder loves to self seed.
A buzz of blue

Comfrey is very good for attracting bees.
Clusters of flower blossom

Alchemillla Mollis. I love the way raindrops collect in the leaves. When the leaves are wet they sparkle.
Raindrops are falling on my...

The gooseberries are almost ripe.
Soon we will be having gooseberry pie

The blackcurrant berries just need to ripen.
Bring me sunshine

A stunning cornflower.
A wonderful structure

There are some beautiful clematis in flower. This Jackmanii is next to the wheelie bins.
Purple haze

This pretty white clematis clambers over the farm wall.
Crossed flower heads

Turks Head lillies so striking.
Turkish turbans peeping over the nettles


Turbans and tassels

A wild orchid.
Deep purple orchid

 Blue Meadow Cranesbill.
Dainty cups of blue with white throats

A misty morning ride over Hartside. The fog floated and drifted as I climbed higher and higher.
Looking towards the Lakeland hills


The Rock Chicks have had their colours done.
Chick us out

Rock me baby

No comments:

Post a Comment