Friday 7 March 2014

Pottery and Planning

The days are lengthening and it is now after 6pm before it gets dark. The starlings that only a few weeks ago were swarming at 4pm are now doing their dance around dusk.

This week we have had some fine days. This has allowed me time in between making pottery to do some weeding in the Artful Garden. I have now weeded the veg patch and have prepared a hole in the orchard to plant a James Grieve dessert apple tree.

I have been reviewing my seeds and had a trip to Carlisle to buy some more and I have also ordered some seeds. I love looking through seed catalogues and choosing new varieties, mainly annuals. I have bought some new staging for the greenhouse and a large bag of compost. Sowing seeds will start next week.

The beautiful container for the seeds was given to me as a present

These pretty creamy yellow crocus always come into full flower on a sunny day.

Cream with a yellow centre classic Spring colours

 Some plants are determined to flower even when the odds are against them.

Pot crocus

The daffodils are beginning to flower.

Daffodils just busting into flower

These pretty 'tete a tete' daffodils are in the border in my home garden. 

Bonny blooms

The red currant is coming into flower. It has a very evocative perfume when you rub the leaves.

The flowers look like bunches of red grapes

Here are some more of my pottery houses on a woodland theme.

Rustic and floral

Blue Mood
Foxglove Villa

The butterflies are designed to be on bamboo canes in the garden.

Moss green
Rosy Glow
Yellow Cornfield

Floral Blue

These geese are in the fields along the River Eden. Some of them stay over the summer to breed.

A gaggle of geese
Goosey goosey gander


Charlie Barley felt that he was missing out as a fashion icon in the Artful Garden. Being a man of limited means he bought a one size fits all poncho. Unfortunately he is not of average size and the poncho is little more than a neck scarf.

Yellow Peril

I have been making some birthday cards this week. This is the card I made for my husband.

The card represents my husbands hobbies, characteristics and favourite foods

No comments:

Post a Comment