Friday 13 October 2017

Happy Harvesting

I have had a busy two weeks harvesting. I have made raspberry jam as I had 61/2 lbs of raspberries when I came back from holiday. I have also harvested my beetroot making beetroot relish, pickled beetroot and storing some beetroot in sand.

Delicious

The runner beans are now coming to an end. They do not like the wet weather.
Has beans

The strong winds have brought the little red apples from the tree.
A carpet of red beads

The red hot pokers flame in the garden.
Golden orbs

The jasmine is in flower against the barn wall.
Bright blooms

The nasturtiums on the allotment resist the frost.
Orange globes

I have just harvested my ghords, not as many as last year.
Knobby ghords

I have harvested my helicrysum. The first crop were a failure.
I had to wait for sunshine for them to open before they could be cut

We had a trip to Conwy. This is part of Conwy castle.
It looks like a toy castle

Marram grass and sea cabbage.
Soft sand

Dried sea holly. 
Very angular
A lovely pub sign.
A life on the ocean waves

I have been experimenting with embroidery.An embroidered gift tag.
Inspired by the flowers I grow

An embroidered card.
For my sister's birthday

I found this Gardeners Companion from 1948. There is a lot of good advice within its pages.
Everything a gardener needs to know

Currant advice








The clamatis has a second flowering.t ujnm

No comments:

Post a Comment