Friday 21 October 2016

Autumn Arrives

This week I have been gathering leaves and berries for a wreath making workshop I am doing with the Reception children at Kirkoswald school.

This is the wreath I have made for my front door.
Berries, sycamore keys and acorns

We found this empty bird's nest when we were stacking a delivery of new logs.
Look at the detail

There are still a few flowers in bloom. This white scabious looks majestic.
The purity of white
The blue salvia adds colour to the border.
Vibrant blue

A few zinnias have survived the light frosts.
This flower has an old fashioned feel about it

Look at this beautiful butterfly on the cosmos.
Usually the butterfly has flown away by the time I have got the photo

Views from a walk around Lazonby. 
Looking towards the Pennines

Looking towards Kirkoswald

These are exhibits from the Cumbrian Artists of the Year exhibition.
Moo

This artist is very talented.
An amazing sculpture

I visited Sedbergh a very pretty town.
Quaint narrow streets

Can you guess what these have been used for?
Potato mashers

These sheep were part of Sheepfest.
Reading his last wool and testament
A tribute to David Hockney

There have been some beautiful morning skies.
Mist over the river and a mackerel sky

Breaking news
My next blog will feature the Halloween display in the Artful Garden.








No comments:

Post a Comment