Friday 22 July 2016

Heat and Harvest

On Tuesday the temperature rose to 30C, too hot to do anything. It was over 20C from 7am in the morning when I had breakfast outside.

I have been catching up on weeding and also harvesting.

I should have weeded the herb beds when the weeds were small they are now entangled in the flowers.
Comfrey and chamomile


Dill and Calendula

I have started to harvest the garlic and the celery.
I have been told if you store celery in tinfoil it will keep it fresh

The cabbages are filling out at a steady pace and they make good coleslaw.
A large brute

The pumpkins have started to appear and have sent out long tendrils.
Give me sun and rain

The ornamental gourds are starting to grow.
Variegated
These are looking quite knobbly

The herbaceous border on the allotment is filling out with blooms.
Bonny colours

On a visit to Callendar there had been some wool bombing.
Wild child
Minion
A wooly thinker
I could tell you a yarn or two

Look at this strange fungus.
The frog
The crab

A beautiful mackerel sky.
Stunning

No comments:

Post a Comment