Friday 16 January 2015

Snow and Birds

We have had rain, strong gales, snow and hailstones all within a week. Snow makes everything look beautiful and softens the edges. My pottery houses looked very festive.
So pretty
A Gaudi inspired house
Snow and flowers

My two birdhouses had snow on the roof and inside.
Baby it's cold inside
I say somewhat chilly don't you think

The bumblebee has a snow beret.
Sparkle

On Tuesday the clouds were amazing. They just looked like feathers. You have to be so quick to take the photo as their shape is always so fleeting.
Feather boa
Drifting floating feathers


Last Saturday we had torrential rain and on a trip to Kendal the reservoir was overflowing. As I stepped out of the car I was almost blown away. It was a pity I could not get a closer view.
The power of water

This is my new collection of birds on plant pots. I have been experimenting with design and colour of both the birds and the plant pots. I am making these as cane toppers.
A flock of pottery birds
Rosy robin
Yellow finch
Little bluebird

Blue tit
Yellow Hammer
Greengage bird

No comments:

Post a Comment