Friday 25 July 2014

Vegetables and Bicycles

It has been a scorching week, glorious sunshine from dawn to dusk. It has been too hot to garden and I have been watering the gardens daily.

Many of the vegetables are ready to harvest.
My onions white and red are ready to be lifted in order to dry.

White Onions
The turnips have matured and the garlic is ready.


Turnips and onions
I have made some pottery bells which I have hung in a tree in the Artful Garden.


Pottery bell
Pottery bell and heart
A lot of the flowers are suffering from the heat. I have phlox in different shades and hues.


Shades of purple
Pretty in pink
White with a delicate pink centre
I visited Yorkshire last weekend and there were still some bikes on display from the Tour de France or Tour de Yorkshire as it was locally known.
Yellow bikes abound
Penny farthing
I have been busy preparing artwork for the Britain in Bloom display as judging is next week in the Artful Garden.

Some things you see make you laugh out loud.
Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment