Friday 11 April 2014

Dragonflies and Daffodils

All the spring flowers are now at their best in the garden with grape hyacinths, daffodils, cowslips and primroses all in flower. The tulips are on full bloom and I hope the weather stays fine so that they will last for a few weeks.

Stunning colours
                                             
The fruit bushes are now in leaf.


Gooseberry and blackcurrant bushes

The damson blossom is in flower  and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not get any frost until the blossom is set.


Dainty white petals

The horse chestnut leaf buds have burst open.


Ribbed leaves

The spirea bush looks like a shower of snowflakes.


Sprinkled snow

I have finished the Easter chicken and it is now displayed in Ravenbridge Stores shop window. I have started to make an Easter bunny which I hope to finish in the next few days.


Chick chick chick chick chicken
Chicken with baby chicks made by Kirkoswald school children


I have been busy restoring all the artwork in the gardens, cleaning canes and pottery, adding new ribbons and replacing missing wings and legs on the bumblebees.


 Blue bird

The dragonflies have had a makeover. Each year I develop the technique. The giant dragonflies are now floating from the trees.


Flying in the plum tree
Tropical dragonfly

Flying from the apple tree

These I used to scare the birds from the onoins as they bounce in the wind. 


Spot the dragonfly

Do you like my feathers?


I have also moved the pottery birds and houses in my home garden. 
The sunflowers I made this year.

Golden sunflower

Flower power


There are a lot of lambs in the fields ranging in size for new born to bouncy lambs. It is lovely to watch them gamble.  


Lambs and ewes have the same number on their sides so they can be matched up

No comments:

Post a Comment