Friday 17 January 2014

Pottering About

On Sunday it was freezing cold so we used this opportunity to go to the Artful Garden to spread some muck. The ground at this time of the year is normally very muddy. I am trying to follow a 4 year crop rotation with my veg beds but this is not always too exact. We lifted the sprouts and chard and I harvested some leeks from which I made leek and potato soup.

Borders almost empty and muck applied

The scarecrows are now dressed for the winter weather having their normal hats replacing their Santa hats. Looby Loo returned from Ravenbridge Stores with tales of her admirers and is wondering if she needs to get an agent in case Vogue contacts her. She is now sporting a ladybird raincoat, very fetching. 


Love the coat Looby Loo
Bobby Barley needed surgery to his legs as he had withered limbs but a bit of thermal filler has rectified the problem.


Crazy Maisie had done a Marilyn Monroe with her skirt being blown up by the wind. It was frozen in place and I had to wait a few days before I could return her decency.



Crazy Maisie shows us a leg

Lotta Bottle has had major arm surgery which was very successful. I think she must have been waving too much at passersby. For Christmas she got a new spotted pink top. She was delighted as her previous top had faded and was not showing her attributes to their best advantage.


Spot the difference

Charlie Barley still looks malnourished but is waiting until the spring before he goes to a health farm.


Charley Barley needs lessons on posture

This lovely winter jasmine is in full flower on the barn wall.


Sunny winter jasmine

My pottery butterflies and flowers are now on display in my garden and I have more to put on display at the Artful Garden.


Butterflies and flowers
Inspired by sunflowers
Floral butterfly

I have been busy this week making some more pottery houses and hearts. This  is how they look in the drying stage before I paint the clay. I sometimes paint the clay before I construct as this gives a depth of colour to the piece.


Organic pottery houses
Inspired by flowers and leaves

My Christmas tree angel which is very old has been to inspired by Versace for her beautiful lace dress. 


Dainty angel

Can you guess what this is?


A bubble in the bread dough

No comments:

Post a Comment