Friday 22 November 2013

Miscellaneous Musings

The weather is defiantly colder and we have again had several days of intense frost and lots of rain.


The beauty of a rainbow
The colours soon begin to fade
I planted my soft neck Solent Wight garlic this week. Last year I had an excellent crop with this variety and I have kept one bulb back in case it does not germinate as you can keep on planting garlic until February.

I have found a mouse has been eating the bulbs I planted so I have put netting and an upturned hanging basket over the top of the plant pots.

The ivy on the walls is looking very pretty.


Pincushions of ivy seed heads 

This is a posy I have made with my dried flowers.


Simplistic beauty

I was given these dramatic allium heads by a friend.


Fragile allium heads
A spoke of allium seed heads

I love the negative space within each fir cone.


Zigzag patterned fir cones


Looking through a centenary copy of 'Woman's Weekly' I found these adverts. How times have changed.


Fancy this diet?

Why do I not look this glamorous when I do the housework?


Wow what a hairstyle


Which of these faces represents the man in your life?


Take your pick

These are some of my pottery tiles. I have on the beam of my garden shed.


Inspired by flowers
Flowers and seed heads
Butterflies and flowers

I took this photo of a dramatic sunrise last Friday. The colours in the sky change so quickly within minutes.


Stunning

No comments:

Post a Comment