Thursday 11 April 2013

Easter Eggstravaganza

To brighten up the dull days I have created an Easter Eggstravaganza in my Artful Garden.

The  Easter bird is my first attempt a paper mache and it brings a whole new meaning to chicken in a basket. The giant Easter eggs are also paper mache and decorated with tissue paper coloured with Brusho.

Chicken in a Basket

I have 4 scarecrows that I decorate according to the current theme. I made these last summer and they are managing to stand up to the wind, rain and snow but will need refurbishing soon.

Charlie Barley is the farmer who is modestly dressed for Easter with bunny ears and a chicken.

Charlie Barley

Crazy Maisie has a new Easter Bonnet and and is suffering from a surfeit of Hot Cross buns.

Crazy Maisie

Looby Loo is the scarecrow that moves around the farm garden She is wearing a new Easter bonnet and has a basket with a duck in. Looby Loo was made at the request of the young gamekeepers who wanted to spot the scarecrow as they passed the farm garden. She is sitting next to the Easter egg tree.

Looby Loo

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather stays fine as we have a local east wind called the Helm wind that is extremely wild. All the bonnets are tied onto the heads so lets hope there are no hats off.

No comments:

Post a Comment