Sunday 18 February 2018

Snow on Snow

Again we have had a lot of snow this week.

Looking towards Cross Fell.
All the snow was on the Penrith side of Hartside

Huge piles of snow ploughed snow.
Snow piled almost as tall as me

Dramatic drifts of snow.
Almost as much as at the Olympic Games

Snow on the Pennine hills.
Highland cattle

I have seen blue tits in the Farm Garden, oyster catchers, geese, a cormorant and today I was lucky enough to see a kingfisher. I just saw a metallic blue dart as it flew across the river,

Baby lambs are starting to be born.
A cold day on which to be born

The farmers are layering their hedges.
This is Cumberland style layering


I made this wreath from larch cones and conifer after a walk in Combe wood.
Winter style wreath

I am still harvesting kale.
It has managed to withstand the cold weather


My latest pottery head. 
Front


Back view



No comments:

Post a Comment