Friday 19 January 2018

Amazing Aira

Last Sunday we had a walk around Aira Force. The wind was freezing cold but the views made up for the chilly weather.
Moss covered rocks and boulders

There had not been huge amounts of rain so the river was not in full spate.
Lovely leaf mould from all the oak trees

Smooth giant boulders in the river bed


The land flattens out at the top of the hill

We walked past the top of Aira to Ulcat Row. The views should have been amazing but a cloudy sky added its own beauty.
Bracken and Herdy sheep
Indented rocks

Lichen forms its own patterns.
Muted shades

This larch is shuffering from wind damage.
Bend me shape me

A glimpse of Ullswater.
Where was the blue sky?
A ghostly glimpse of the Lakeland hills

On the way back we stopped at Dockray Hall where Michelle Castles makes wonderful wire sculptures.
Stunning movement and shape
Hands up

These are my latest pottery creations, ladies that love cake.
Cream doughnuts are my favourite


I love buns and cake and biscuits and jam doughnuts and chocolate eclairs. Cup cakes I could die for




No comments:

Post a Comment