Friday 7 February 2014

Hearts and Flowers

The weather has been mixed, strong winds and rain with the occasional dry day. I have spent this last week making things to sell in Ravenbridge Stores in Kirkoswald. As Valentine's Day is approaching I took that as my theme.


These are examples of my paper flowers.


Variegated shades
Bright and cheerful
They are designed to hang or can be laid flat
A string of flowers

I have made one of my flowers into a birthday card.


The removable peg allows the flower to be used as a decoration

I have made hearts from a variety of different papers.


Candy colours


These are made from tissue paper that I have dyed and patterned.


Pretty in pastel

Some hearts I decorated with beads.


Seed beads and threads

I also decorated with a variety of threads.


Decorated with variegated threads and beads

I also made a selection of pottery hearts.


Valentine heart
Bonny flowers
Pretty in shades of yellow and pink
Shades of green
A selection of hearts

On my last trip to Hexham I took photos of some of the interesting buildings.
This bank had a beautiful copper dome.


A verdigris dome on the bank

This is a guild mark.


How many sheep can you see?
Sometimes it pays to look upwards.


A lovely building

I have now bottled my Damson wine. It is smooth, dark with a hint of autumn and has a 14% alcohol volume!


Glug

I was given these as a present, they add humour to the kitchen tasks.


Watch out mate it's red hot chilli in there, that's why I have turned bright red!
 dyed and patterned nrer 

1 comment:

  1. The marmalade is delicious, I've yet to try the wine! Keep busy with the crafting flowers are great

    ReplyDelete